This is a regular mid week meal of mine. If you want to be a bit healthier then you can replace the egg noodles with some rice noodles. It only takes 20 minutes max to make.
- 2 large handfuls of fresh coriander
- Handful of chopped spring onions
- Egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of peanuts
- 1 tbspn sesame seeds
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbpsn dark soy sauce
- 1 tbpsn sesame oil
- 1 tspn rice wine vinegar
- 2 tspn dried chilli flakes
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1Put the noodles into a pan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. If you are using egg noodles then it should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- 2Gently grate the carrots into a large mixing bowl. Add the red peppers, spring onions, coriander, beansprouts and sesame seeds.
- 3Drain the noodles and separate them so that they do not stick together in chunks with a spoon. Add to the bowl with the vegetables.
- 4For the dressing: add everything into a small mixing bowl and mix together. Pour the dressing into the bowl with the noodles. Mix well so that the dressing covers all the ingredients.
- 5Plate up the noodle salad and garnish with more coriander and some peanuts. Serve with some lime wedges.