This risotto is really easy to make. Enjoy!
- 200g risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 700ml hot (water boiled from the kettle) vegetable stock
- 500g green asparagus
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 shallot
- 75g grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small slice butter
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- handful of walnuts
- fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1Heat the olive oil in a pan and then add the garlic and shallot. Add a pinch of salt and cook on a medium heat for 2- 3 minutes.
- 2Add the celery to the pan with a small slice of butter and keep on cooking on a medium heat for a further 3 – 4 minutes until the celery starts to soften.
- 3Add the rice to the pan and then stir in the white wine. Gradually pour in just under half of the vegetable stock and leave the rice to cook until it absorbs the liquid.
- 4In the meantime, quickly boil (blanched) the asparagus by adding them to a pan of boiling water for around 3 minutes. Drain and leave to once side.
- 5Keep on gradually adding the stock until the rise absorbs all liquid and is properly cooked through.
- 6Once the rice is cooked put the pan on a low heat. Roughly chop the asparagus and add to the pan with the chopped walnuts and juice of half a lemon. Stir in the parmesan and chopped parsley and mix well.
- 7Add a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.