I make my own paste with a mixture of spices but for a speedy weeknight meal you can always make this using some red curry paste. But I recommend making your own as it is quick to make and tastes all the better for it!
- 1 tbspn ground turmeric
- 1 tbspn ground coriander
- 1 tbspn ground cumin
- 2 tspn smoked paprika
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tspn palm sugar or light brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 1 400g tin low fat coconut milk
- Egg noodles
- Fresh coriander
- Small bunch fresh thai basil
- 1For the paste. Bash everything together in a pestle and mortar on in a food processor.
- 2In a large pan heat 1 tbspn sunflower oil and add the onions and red pepper with a pinch of salt. Leave for a couple of minutes and then stir in the paste. Leave to cook for around 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken to the pan and then add the chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring the pan to a gentle boil and then leave to simmer for around 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- 4During this time you can cook the noodles.
- 5Take the curry off the heat and stir in some black pepper, fresh coriander and thai basil.
- 6Plate up the noodles and pour the curry on top. Garnish with some more fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges.