This quick and easy curry is a perfect blend of spice, creamy and fresh. This curry is based on the dishes from Kerala, South India and is packed full of flavour.
- 500g prawns
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbpsn size fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tspn black mustard seeds
- Half a tspn ground fenugreek
- 1 tbpsn turmeric
- 200ml low fat coconut milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tspn tomato puree
- Sunflower oil
- 1Heat 1 tbpsn sunflower oil in a large pan. Once hot add the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- 2Bash the black mustard seeds in a pestle and mortar until crushed. Add to the pan with the fenugreek and turmeric and pour in the lemon juice. Mix well and leave to gently cook for a couple of minutes.
- 3Stir in the tomato puree and then grate the ginger into the pan. Mix well and then pour in the coconut milk.
- 4Leave to cook on a gentle simmer for around 5 minutes.
- 5Finely chop a small bunch of coriander. Add to the pan with the prawns and cook on a gentle simmer for just 2 minutes.
- 6Take the pan off the heat and add more fresh coriander.
- 7Serve with some basmatic rice on the side.